PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION IN NORTH VANCOUVER
Due to COVID 19, the start date for the position will be determined thru Provincial Health Guidance.
- Great opportunity to join the Squamish First Nations community
Take your career to new heights with a dynamic and progressive First Nations government
ABOUT THE SQUAMISH NATION
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish Nation's culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Executive Assistant of Administrative Operations acts as the right hand to the Managing Director of Administrative Operations and will manage all incoming and outgoing information from their office. This position is constantly one step ahead, anticipating needs and keeping the Managing Director informed. The Executive Assistant will act as a liaison between the Managing Director and other Directors within the department, bringing information forward diplomatically and adapting to various personality and communication styles with ease. This position will bring value to the Nation by prioritizing incoming and outgoing messages, scheduling and attending meetings, researching and advising on policies and practices, and acting as the “gatekeeper” for the Managing Director for all stakeholders. This is someone who will be interacting with community members on a regular basis and is therefore passionate about contributing to the greater good of our communities.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages all incoming and outgoing information to the Managing Director’s office.
- Coordinates projects.
- Acts as an Advisor when it comes to policies and Squamish Nation guidelines.
- Manages internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Communicates with contractors and consultants and manage all related files.
- Establishes and update reporting procedures.
- Adheres to workplace health and safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
Education, Level of Experience & Hiring Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Health, Humanities, or other relevant discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution OR
- Diploma in a relevant discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution with equivalent experience can be considered. (Ie. Diploma plus 6-7 years related experience, or no degree with approx. 9 years of related experience).
- 5+ years of progressive experience required conducting responsibilities listed above, including: managing internal and external communications, drafting policies, developing information reports, senior level project administration, etc.
- As career progresses, the successful candidate will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to Administrative Operations.
- Experience as an intermediate/advanced user of the Internet, Microsoft Office Applications – Outlook (Email), Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience delivering customer service in one of the following areas of Nation Services is preferred: Health, Community Planning and Operations, Social Services, Education, Employment Services, etc.
- Experience working in a compliance-centric, policy-driven environment is preferred. (Ie. Government, unionized environment, non-profit, etc.)
- Experience working in a First Nations environment is preferred.
- Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License Class 4 or 5. Class 7N may be considered.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and current auto insurance that meets company policy.
- Must be able to travel to Squamish if needed and may occasionally be required to work paid overtime on short notice.
- Must successfully complete a Criminal Records Check as per Squamish Nation Policy..
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting & are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
Wage: $64,033 to $75,333 annually, plus a comprehensive benefits package.