PERMANENT FULL-TIME BASED POSITION IN NORTH VANCOUVER
Due to COVID 19, the start date for the position will be determined thru Provincial Health Guidance.
- Great opportunity to join the Squamish First Nations community
Take your career to new heights with a dynamic and progressive First Nations government
ABOUT THE SQUAMISH NATION
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish Nation's culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, Service Delivery, the receptionist is the first contact an individual has when entering and telephoning the organizations administration building (‘main office’). The position is responsible for a multi-line switchboard and ensures quality in the preparation of telephone messages and correspondence. The incumbent ensures efficient operation of the switchboard / reception area and performs basic clerical duties and communicates well with all Nation Members, employees and visitors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs duties of receptionist.
- Performs clerical duties.
- Provides staff assistance.
- Welcomes and receives Squamish Nation Members, employees and visitors.
- Adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Contributes cooperatively to the Squamish Nation Finance team to achieve position and department goals.
Education, Level of Experience & Hiring Requirements:
- Completion of Grade 12 plus job related certificate.
- 0 – 6 months of directly-related experience in the majority of specialties listed in the job description including receptionist duties, switchboard operation, clerical functions, computer operation, etc.
- As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to switchboard operation, business writing, and business machine operation and general office procedures.
- Experience as an advanced user of the Internet and MS Applications – Outlook (Email), Word, Excel, etc.
- Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
- Experience working in a First Nations environment is preferred.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must provide three (3) business references. Valid references must be a direct supervisor who is familiar with the applicant’s work.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License Class 4 or 5, Class 7N may be considered.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and current auto insurance that meets company policy.
- Must be able to travel as required.
- May occasionally be required to work paid overtime on short notice.
- Must successfully complete Criminal Records Check as per Squamish Nation policy.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting & are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
Wage: $30,748 to $36,174 annually, plus a comprehensive benefits package.