Health Programs Driver
TERM FULL-TIME POSITION IN NORTH VANCOUVER
Due to COVID 19, the start date for the position will be determined thru Provincial Health Guidance.
CLOSES: February 4,2021
- Great opportunity to join the Squamish Nations community
Take your career to new heights with a dynamic and progressive First Nations government
ABOUT THE SQUAMISH NATION
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish Nation's culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Manager, Health Benefits Advocacy and Promotion (HBAP) this position must be professionally prepared as a bus driver and must be able to meet the requirements of the BC Driver’s Licensing agency. The three main job responsibilities are: 1) a reliable, courteous and safe passage, and 2) an orderly and disciplined bus environment, and 3) assisting passengers with special disability needs on and off the bus as required. The incumbent is sensitive and mature with the ability to relate well to children, Youth and Elders. This position is responsible for reliable transport, to and from appointments and programs approved by the Manager. The incumbent may also be responsible to drive to social functions, or on field trips.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Transports passengers safely.
- Completes pre and post trip duties as per ICBC regulations.
- Performs routine engine and body maintenance on the bus.
- Presents a responsible and professional image.
- Performs pre and post shift tasks.
- Reports to Manager, Health Benefits Advocacy and Promotion.
- Contributes cooperatively to the Squamish Nation Health and Wellness team to achieve position and department goals.
Education, Level of Experience & Hiring Requirements:
- Completion of Grade 10 plus Class 2 or Unrestricted Class 4 driver's license.
- 4 years safe driving, as verified by ICBC Driving Record check.
- As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to bus maintenance, ICBC regulations, safe transportation, and dealing with children, etc.
- Special chaperone training will be required as career progresses.
- Experience working in a First Nations environment is preferred
- Must be able to work irregular shifts including evenings and weekends as required.
- Must have a valid BC Drivers License unrestricted Class 2 or 4 Commercial.
- Must be able to provide drivers abstract.
- Must have a valid Emergency First Aid & CPR Certificate.
- Must successfully complete Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Search as per Squamish Nation policy.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.